The Weymouth Educational Foundation has been awarding grants to teachers since 1997. These grants have benefited every public school, and cover a wide variety of projects and subject matter.
1. Consideration is given for programs based on their long-term use of materials, enrichment of existing programs and innovative, creative and educational value.
2. Grants are not rewarded for staff development, office supplies or snacks.
3. Equipment, supplies, or programs cannot be changed once grants have been awarded without consideration from the Grant Committee.
4. All reusable materials and equipment are to be retained by The Weymouth Public Schools.
5. Projects begun during the school year prior to the awarding of grants are eligible for consideration, but have no guarantee of reward.
1. One half of the awarded grant will be presented to the grant recipient at the grants ceremony.
2. To receive reimbursement of the remainder of your grant, a reimbursement form and all receipts including packing slips and invoices, must be received no later than April 30. Please note that reimbursements are make throughout the school year as receipts and reimbursement forms are received and reviewed by the committee. Please return your paperwork as soon as possible so we may reimburse you in a timely fashion.
3. Grant items used need not to be purchased through educational catalogs; you may purchase items wherever you feel that you will get the most for your grant.